Maymom Wide Neck Base Connector for Spectra is a connector for Maymom MyFit Breast Shields and Spectra pumps (S1, S2, M1, Spectra 9 only). This connector also fits Medela PersonalFit Breast Shields and the new Medela Flex Shields! Maymom two-part connector and shield system allows you to customise between different flange nipple sizes while using just this one Maymom connector.
▪ Maymom Wide Neck bottle connector comes in 2 qty per packaging.
▪ BPA free; Complies with US FDA regulation for plastics that contact foods
▪ Dishwasher top rack safe; Steam safe sterilization
What we like:
▪ Hands-free pump bra friendly.
▪ Exchange parts between Medela and Spectra breast pump; More wider choices of sizes for breast shields
▪ Allow mummies using Medela breast pump to use with wide mouth bottles. No more bottle adapters! Weigh lighter when pumping and less parts to wash!
▪ Cost less compare to original brand
▪ S1, S2, M1, Spectra 9 only
▪ Maymom MyFit Breast Shields
▪ Medela PersonalFit Breast Shields
▪ Medela PersonalFit Flex Breast Shields
▪ Spectra wide mouth bottle
▪ AVENT bottle
▪ Maymom wide mouth bottles.
▪ They are NOT compatible with OTHER wide mouth bottles.
Can be used with Spectra valve and Maymom for Spectra valve
Valve is not included.
What is a breast shield?
A breast shield or flange is the funnel on a breast pump that attaches to your breast and draws the nipple out, creating suction and allowing your milk to flow out of your breasts and into the storage bottle. Some breast shields, the funnel and the bottle connector are joined seamlessly as a one-piece, known as the flange.
The size of the breast shield is express in terms of millimeters (mm). This usually refer to the measurement of the opening at end of the funnel towards the tunnel.
Finding the Right Fit:
In order to find your optimal breast shield size, you can measure your nipple diameter:
- Using a ruler or measuring tape, measure the diameter of your nipple at the base (across the middle, diameter) in millimetres (mm). Do not include your areola.
- Add 2 to 4 mm to your measurement when selecting your breast shield size.
If you have already started pumping, please measure after a pumping session.
You can also download this ruler, print and cut out the ruler to measure your nipple diameter.
Am I using the correct breast shield size?
If you answer yes to one or more of the following questions, you may be using the incorrect breastshield size.
- Do you feel discomfort when pumping?
- Does your nipple rub against the side of the flange?
- Do you see excess areola pulled into the flange?
- Do you see any redness of whiteness?
- Do you feel unexpressed breast milk after pumping?
A good fitting breast shield should give you a gentle, rhythmic pulling during expressing, and your breast should feel empty and soft once you’re finished. Pumping breast milk should never be a painful experience.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.