How to choose your size:
- Choose the insert size that is 2-3 mm more than your after-pumping nipple size.
- Size 15mm can be used with 19, 21, 23, 24, 25 mm flange/handsfree cup
- Size 17mm can be used with 23, 24, 25mm flange/handsfree cup
- Size 19mm can be used with 24, 25, 28 mm flange, 24, 25mm handsfree cup
- Size 21mm can be used with 24, 25, 28 mm flange, 24, 25mm handsfree cup
- Size 24mm can be used with 28mm flange/handsfree cup
How to use:
You must "fold" the insert to install, and "twist and turn" to remove the insert. If you don't do so, it is hard to install and remove. Please see instructions that come with the product.
Works with the following Handsfree Cups:
- Freemie Collection Cups 25 & 28mm (Open and Closed system)
- Spectra 28mm: You might notice the 15, 17,19 & 21mm inserts are slightly loose when use. However, it fits well with 24mm insert.
- Youha Youcup 24mm & 28mm
- Imani Handsfree 28mm & 32mm
- Cimilre 24, 28mm. For 28mm, you might notice the 15, 17,19 & 21mm inserts are slightly loose when use. However, it fits well with 24mm insert.
Works with the following breast shield:
Note: Might be a little loose for 28mm breast shield
- Could be steamed and used with boiling water.
- Made of Silicone, BPA free
What's included in each pack:
- 2 x inserts
What is a breast shield?
A breast shield or flange is the funnel on a breast pump that attaches to your breast and draws the nipple out, creating suction and allowing your milk to flow out of your breasts and into the storage bottle. Some breast shields, the funnel and the bottle connector are joined seamlessly as a one-piece, known as the flange.
The size of the breast shield is express in terms of millimeters (mm). This usually refer to the measurement of the opening at end of the funnel towards the tunnel.
Finding the Right Fit:
In order to find your optimal breast shield size, you can measure your nipple diameter:
- Using a ruler or measuring tape, measure the diameter of your nipple at the base (across the middle, diameter) in millimetres (mm). Do not include your areola.
- Add 2 to 4 mm to your measurement when selecting your breast shield size.
If you have already started pumping, please measure after a pumping session.
You can also download this ruler, print and cut out the ruler to measure your nipple diameter.
Am I using the correct breast shield size?
If you answer yes to one or more of the following questions, you may be using the incorrect breastshield size.
- Do you feel discomfort when pumping?
- Does your nipple rub against the side of the flange?
- Do you see excess areola pulled into the flange?
- Do you see any redness of whiteness?
- Do you feel unexpressed breast milk after pumping?
A good fitting breast shield should give you a gentle, rhythmic pulling during expressing, and your breast should feel empty and soft once you’re finished. Pumping breast milk should never be a painful experience.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.