Maymom Flange for Spectra/Medela with valve & membrane for wide mouth bottle is breastshield and connector in one which connects to Spectra and Medela Breast pump for pumping into wide mouth bottles.
This comes in 1 piece per packet. For a pair, please order 2 quantities.
- Can be used directly with Spectra S1/S2, Philips Avent, Autumnz wide neck bottle. No need bottle adapter which add weight and more parts to wash!
- Available in wide variety of sizes compare to original brand
- Smaller sizes available for mummy who has smaller sizes than the original breastshield that comes with Spectra pump
- Backflow protector can be inserted directly to the flange without adapter!
- Can be used with Medela breast pumps (see list below)
- One-piece design for easier cleaning, less chance of losing suction, and less parts to bring when you are on the go.
- Breast pump:
- All Spectra breast pumps (S1/S2/M/9+) and older Spectra breast pumps (Dew 350, 360)
- All Medela breast pumps except Sonata, Swing Maxi, Freestyle, Harmony,
- Ameda Mya and Motif Luna
- Bottle: wide mouth milk bottles ONLY (e.g. Spectra, Philip Avent, Maymom wide mouth bottle), Autumnz wide mouth bottle
- Valve/Duckbill: Maymom, Spectra
- 1 x flange
- 1 x valve
- 1 x membrane
- US FDA registered medical device (No. D192499) that complies with US FDA standards
- Made from BPA/DEHP-free material
- Dishwasher top rack safe
- All components are steam safe for sterilization
For Maymom Flange for Spectra/ Medela with valve & membrane for Wide Mouth Bottle
Q1: My nipple size is 15mm. Do you think will it be better to order 21mm breastshield for longer usage?
A: If your breastshield is too big, the whole areola area will be pulled in during pumping which will hurt your areola area. Our recommendation is measure your nipple diameter and add 2 to 3mm to the measured length and that will be the flange size.
Q2: Is this compatible with Hegen bottle?
A2: Yes, it is compatible with the use of Hegen adapter. For Hegen adapter, please use Hegen PCTO™ Wide Neck Bottle Adapters. Please note, the flange connector cannot be used with Hegen pumps.
Q3: Can this fit Medela Symphony?
A3: Yes, it can. Please note this does not fit Medela standard neck bottle though. It is only compatible with wide mouth bottle.
Q4: Is this compatible with Ameda Mya pump?
A4: Yes it is!
Q5: Does this have the size written anywhere on the flange ? I bought Two sizes and after sterilizing them, I don’t know which one is which size now!
A5: Most maymom's flange sizes are marked inside the nipple tunnel. Look into it and you will see the marking.
Q6: Will these work with the Motif Luna?
A6: Yes, it will connect together. However, be aware that the "shape" of the flange is a little different from that of Motif Luna. Most mothers will not feel the difference.
What is a breast shield?
A breast shield or flange is the funnel on a breast pump that attaches to your breast and draws the nipple out, creating suction and allowing your milk to flow out of your breasts and into the storage bottle. Some breast shields, the funnel and the bottle connector are joined seamlessly as a one-piece, known as the flange.
The size of the breast shield is express in terms of millimeters (mm). This usually refer to the measurement of the opening at end of the funnel towards the tunnel.
Finding the Right Fit:
In order to find your optimal breast shield size, you can measure your nipple diameter:
- Using a ruler or measuring tape, measure the diameter of your nipple at the base (across the middle, diameter) in millimetres (mm). Do not include your areola.
- Add 2 to 4 mm to your measurement when selecting your breast shield size.
If you have already started pumping, please measure after a pumping session.
You can also download this ruler, print and cut out the ruler to measure your nipple diameter.
Am I using the correct breast shield size?
If you answer yes to one or more of the following questions, you may be using the incorrect breastshield size.
- Do you feel discomfort when pumping?
- Does your nipple rub against the side of the flange?
- Do you see excess areola pulled into the flange?
- Do you see any redness of whiteness?
- Do you feel unexpressed breast milk after pumping?
A good fitting breast shield should give you a gentle, rhythmic pulling during expressing, and your breast should feel empty and soft once you’re finished. Pumping breast milk should never be a painful experience.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.