Maymom Breastshields set for Medela Freestyle, Swing-Maxi breast pump contains everything you need for breast milk pumping except tubing, bottles and the main pump motor.
Maymom one-piece breastshield is a breastshield and connector in one. This two- parts are fused together for easier cleaning, less chance of losing suction, and less parts to bring when you are on the go.
What we like:
- For Mummies with small nipple size using Medela Freestyle, Swing-Maxi breast pump
- Less expensive to maintain in the long run compared to the original set.
- Offers a closed-pumping system with Maymom backflow protectors.
- Breast shields can be re-used with older Medela Breast Pumps (PISA, Swing)
- Breast Pump: Medela Freestyle and Swing-Maxi
- Tubing: Medela Freestyle and Swing-Maxi tubing
- Bottle: Standard mouth bottles from Medela, Maymom, NUK, Pigeon, Dr Brown and others
- Handsfree Bra: Simplewishes
- 2 x Maymom breast shield or flange
- 2 x Maymom Valve
- 4 x Maymom Membrane
- 2 x Long Stem Backflow Protector
- 2 x Size Changer Cylinder
- BPA free
- Complies with US FDA standard as class II medical device
Please contact us if you wish to order sizes that are not available at the option or want to customise different sizes. For example, one piece of 19mm and one piece of 17mm breast shields.
What is a breast shield?
A breast shield or flange is the funnel on a breast pump that attaches to your breast and draws the nipple out, creating suction and allowing your milk to flow out of your breasts and into the storage bottle. Some breast shields, the funnel and the bottle connector are joined seamlessly as a one-piece, known as the flange.
The size of the breast shield is express in terms of millimeters (mm). This usually refer to the measurement of the opening at end of the funnel towards the tunnel.
Finding the Right Fit:
In order to find your optimal breast shield size, you can measure your nipple diameter:
- Using a ruler or measuring tape, measure the diameter of your nipple at the base (across the middle, diameter) in millimetres (mm). Do not include your areola.
- Add 2 to 4 mm to your measurement when selecting your breast shield size.
If you have already started pumping, please measure after a pumping session.
You can also download this ruler, print and cut out the ruler to measure your nipple diameter.
Am I using the correct breast shield size?
If you answer yes to one or more of the following questions, you may be using the incorrect breastshield size.
- Do you feel discomfort when pumping?
- Does your nipple rub against the side of the flange?
- Do you see excess areola pulled into the flange?
- Do you see any redness of whiteness?
- Do you feel unexpressed breast milk after pumping?
A good fitting breast shield should give you a gentle, rhythmic pulling during expressing, and your breast should feel empty and soft once you’re finished. Pumping breast milk should never be a painful experience.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.