- The unique shape of our nipple shield fit mother with small nipples. The measurement of the tip of the nipple shield is 13mm (diameter) with the base for the nipple at 20mm.
- Instead of a full circle to go around the skin, the unique cutout area creates more skin contact between mother and baby. Also, the baby nose will not be in touch the shield during sucking.
- The shield has soft nodules which gently stimulate your milk flow.
- The nipple shield flap is slightly thicker so that it will not collapse into the baby's mouth while still moulding to your breast.
- The Maymom Silicone Nipple Shield comes in 4 pieces with a storage box.
- They are made of clear, BPA-free silicone material
- Protects sensitive nipples during breastfeeding
- For latching difficulties or flat and inverted nipples to help mum's continue breastfeeding
- A tool to introduce bottle-feeding if you are going to wean off breastfeeding
Wash before initial use. We strongly recommend sterilizing this product by boiling in water for 2-3 minutes or using a steam sterilizer. Store in a cool, dry place, avoiding direct sunlight.
How to use:
- Clean your nipple with a slightly wet cotton bud.
- Drip few drops of your breast milk into the tip of the nipple shield
- Attach the nipple shield to your nipple.
- Please change the shield once it is tear or color of the silicone has changed.
What is a breast shield?
A breast shield or flange is the funnel on a breast pump that attaches to your breast and draws the nipple out, creating suction and allowing your milk to flow out of your breasts and into the storage bottle. Some breast shields, the funnel and the bottle connector are joined seamlessly as a one-piece, known as the flange.
The size of the breast shield is express in terms of millimeters (mm). This usually refer to the measurement of the opening at end of the funnel towards the tunnel.
Finding the Right Fit:
In order to find your optimal breast shield size, you can measure your nipple diameter:
- Using a ruler or measuring tape, measure the diameter of your nipple at the base (across the middle, diameter) in millimetres (mm). Do not include your areola.
- Add 2 to 4 mm to your measurement when selecting your breast shield size.
If you have already started pumping, please measure after a pumping session.
You can also download this ruler, print and cut out the ruler to measure your nipple diameter.
Am I using the correct breast shield size?
If you answer yes to one or more of the following questions, you may be using the incorrect breastshield size.
- Do you feel discomfort when pumping?
- Does your nipple rub against the side of the flange?
- Do you see excess areola pulled into the flange?
- Do you see any redness of whiteness?
- Do you feel unexpressed breast milk after pumping?
A good fitting breast shield should give you a gentle, rhythmic pulling during expressing, and your breast should feel empty and soft once you’re finished. Pumping breast milk should never be a painful experience.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.