Maymom MyFit Breast Shield for Medela is a breast shield for Medela breast pumps.
This shield requires the Maymom Narrow Neck Base Connector for Medela to connect to the Medela pumps. This breast shield can also be used with Medela PersonalFit and many other Medela connectors. Please see the list below.
What we like:
- Comes in many sizes (17 to 30 mm). It's ideal for mummy who needs sizes smaller than the original brand breast shields.
- Economical replacement of parts compare to original brand.
- Medela PersonalFit Connector
- Medela PersonalFit Flex Connector
- Medela Freestyle Spare Part Kit (Connector)
- Medela Swing-Maxi Connector
- Medela Sonata Connector
- Medela Harmony Connector
- Maymom Standard Neck Connector
- Maymom Wide Neck Connector
- Made of Bisphenol-A (BPA)/DEHP-free material and all components are steam safe for sterilization
- US FDA registered medical device (No. D192499). Products are inspected by US FDA.
What's included in each pack:
- 2 x breast shield
Note: connectors are not included in this listing.
What is a breast shield?
A breast shield or flange is the funnel on a breast pump that attaches to your breast and draws the nipple out, creating suction and allowing your milk to flow out of your breasts and into the storage bottle. Some breast shields, the funnel and the bottle connector are joined seamlessly as a one-piece, known as the flange.
The size of the breast shield is express in terms of millimeters (mm). This usually refer to the measurement of the opening at end of the funnel towards the tunnel.
Finding the Right Fit:
In order to find your optimal breast shield size, you can measure your nipple diameter:
- Using a ruler or measuring tape, measure the diameter of your nipple at the base (across the middle, diameter) in millimetres (mm). Do not include your areola.
- Add 2 to 4 mm to your measurement when selecting your breast shield size.
If you have already started pumping, please measure after a pumping session.
You can also download this ruler, print and cut out the ruler to measure your nipple diameter.
Am I using the correct breast shield size?
If you answer yes to one or more of the following questions, you may be using the incorrect breastshield size.
- Do you feel discomfort when pumping?
- Does your nipple rub against the side of the flange?
- Do you see excess areola pulled into the flange?
- Do you see any redness of whiteness?
- Do you feel unexpressed breast milk after pumping?
A good fitting breast shield should give you a gentle, rhythmic pulling during expressing, and your breast should feel empty and soft once you’re finished. Pumping breast milk should never be a painful experience.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.