Maymom Backflow Protector is a backflow protector by Maymom to be used with Cimilre S3 and F1 Double breast pumps. It is also suitable for Ameda MYA portable pump and Ameda Pro brest pumps. It is important to change the backflow protector regularly as it prevents moisture and contaminate the pump. It also affects the suction of the pump.
What we like:
- it can be used with Ameda and Cimilre breast pumps.
- Ameda MYA portable breast pump
- Ameda Pro breast pump
- Cimilre S3 breast pump
- Cimilre F1 breast pump
- Cimilre handsfree kit
What's included each pack:
- 2 x Backflow protectors
- BPA free, steam sterilisation safe
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: Is it the same backflow in the spectra to freemie connection kit?
A1: YES. it is the same one used in the freemie open system to spectra connection kit offered by Maymom. you can also use this one in ameda mya pump.
Q2. Can this also used to with Maymom and Spectra flanges?
What is a breast shield?
A breast shield or flange is the funnel on a breast pump that attaches to your breast and draws the nipple out, creating suction and allowing your milk to flow out of your breasts and into the storage bottle. Some breast shields, the funnel and the bottle connector are joined seamlessly as a one-piece, known as the flange.
The size of the breast shield is express in terms of millimeters (mm). This usually refer to the measurement of the opening at end of the funnel towards the tunnel.
Finding the Right Fit:
In order to find your optimal breast shield size, you can measure your nipple diameter:
- Using a ruler or measuring tape, measure the diameter of your nipple at the base (across the middle, diameter) in millimetres (mm). Do not include your areola.
- Add 2 to 4 mm to your measurement when selecting your breast shield size.
If you have already started pumping, please measure after a pumping session.
You can also download this ruler, print and cut out the ruler to measure your nipple diameter.
Am I using the correct breast shield size?
If you answer yes to one or more of the following questions, you may be using the incorrect breastshield size.
- Do you feel discomfort when pumping?
- Does your nipple rub against the side of the flange?
- Do you see excess areola pulled into the flange?
- Do you see any redness of whiteness?
- Do you feel unexpressed breast milk after pumping?
A good fitting breast shield should give you a gentle, rhythmic pulling during expressing, and your breast should feel empty and soft once you’re finished. Pumping breast milk should never be a painful experience.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.