This is a Maymom product which creates better fit for mummies who find their Medela, Spectra flange or breast shield too big for them. The insert is to be placed inside the shield to reduce the breast shield size 24mm to 17 or 19mm.
How to choose your size?
- Please choose your size by adding 2 to 3mm of your nipple size after pumping.
What we like:
- Great solution for small-nippled mothers using Medela breast shields and Spectra flanges.
- Maintain compatibility with most handsfree bra - Based on the Medela PersonalFit system. You can use most handsfree bra with your original 24 mm detachable shields having this insert inside.
- Medela 24mm PersonalFit Breast shield (from PISA, Freestyle, Sonata, Lactina, Swing, Symphony, Harmony, Swing-maxi)
- Freemie 25mm Flange
- Spectra 24mm Flange
- Lansinoh Standard Flange
- Hegen breast shield
- Real Bubee 24mm Flange
What's included in the pack:
- 2 x insert
- Made of Silicone, BPA free
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Will this work with Hegen breast pump?
A: We received feedbacks this works with Hegen breast shields /flanges. This help smaller size mummy to use with the Hegen breast shields. You may also want to consider our Maymom flanges which comes in many sizes, to be used together with the Hegen adapters.
What is a breast shield?
A breast shield or flange is the funnel on a breast pump that attaches to your breast and draws the nipple out, creating suction and allowing your milk to flow out of your breasts and into the storage bottle. Some breast shields, the funnel and the bottle connector are joined seamlessly as a one-piece, known as the flange.
The size of the breast shield is express in terms of millimeters (mm). This usually refer to the measurement of the opening at end of the funnel towards the tunnel.
Finding the Right Fit:
In order to find your optimal breast shield size, you can measure your nipple diameter:
- Using a ruler or measuring tape, measure the diameter of your nipple at the base (across the middle, diameter) in millimetres (mm). Do not include your areola.
- Add 2 to 4 mm to your measurement when selecting your breast shield size.
If you have already started pumping, please measure after a pumping session.
You can also download this ruler, print and cut out the ruler to measure your nipple diameter.
Am I using the correct breast shield size?
If you answer yes to one or more of the following questions, you may be using the incorrect breastshield size.
- Do you feel discomfort when pumping?
- Does your nipple rub against the side of the flange?
- Do you see excess areola pulled into the flange?
- Do you see any redness of whiteness?
- Do you feel unexpressed breast milk after pumping?
A good fitting breast shield should give you a gentle, rhythmic pulling during expressing, and your breast should feel empty and soft once you’re finished. Pumping breast milk should never be a painful experience.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.