- This comes in 1 piece per per packet. For a pair, please order 2 quantity
- Breast pump: Spectra (S1/S2/M/9+) and older Spectra breast pumps (Dew 350, 360), Pumpable Genie Plus (with compatible backflow protector), Pumpables SuperGenie (with compatible backflow protector)
- Backflow protector: Spectra, Maymom short-stem backflow protector, Pumpables long and short stem backflow protector
- Valve/Duckbill: Spectra, Maymom
- Bottle: standard or narrow mouth milk bottle ONLY (e.g. Maymom, Medela, Pigeon, etc)
What we like:
- One-piece design is easy to clean with lesser pieces to store and lesser chance of losing suction
- Smaller sizes available for mummy who has smaller sizes than the original flanges that comes with Spectra pump
What's included in each pack:
- 1 x flange
- 1 x valve
- 1 x membrane
- 1 x adapter for Spectra/Pumpables backflow protector
- US FDA registered medical device (No. D192499) that complies with US FDA standards
- Made from BPA/DEHP-free material and all components are steam safe for sterilization
Special note: You would require our wide-neck bottle adapter if you are using wide-neck bottle with this breast shield.
Please click on this link to find out how to measure your breast shield size
What is a breast shield?
A breast shield or flange is the funnel on a breast pump that attaches to your breast and draws the nipple out, creating suction and allowing your milk to flow out of your breasts and into the storage bottle. Some breast shields, the funnel and the bottle connector are joined seamlessly as a one-piece, known as the flange.
The size of the breast shield is express in terms of millimeters (mm). This usually refer to the measurement of the opening at end of the funnel towards the tunnel.
Finding the Right Fit:
In order to find your optimal breast shield size, you can measure your nipple diameter:
- Using a ruler or measuring tape, measure the diameter of your nipple at the base (across the middle, diameter) in millimetres (mm). Do not include your areola.
- Add 2 to 4 mm to your measurement when selecting your breast shield size.
If you have already started pumping, please measure after a pumping session.
You can also download this ruler, print and cut out the ruler to measure your nipple diameter.
Am I using the correct breast shield size?
If you answer yes to one or more of the following questions, you may be using the incorrect breastshield size.
- Do you feel discomfort when pumping?
- Does your nipple rub against the side of the flange?
- Do you see excess areola pulled into the flange?
- Do you see any redness of whiteness?
- Do you feel unexpressed breast milk after pumping?
A good fitting breast shield should give you a gentle, rhythmic pulling during expressing, and your breast should feel empty and soft once you’re finished. Pumping breast milk should never be a painful experience.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.