The BeauGen Nipple Cushion is a soft thermoplastic insert for moms who are using a breast pump. It is designed exclusively for pumping by creating a soft barrier between your skin and the plastic breast shield. The cushions move and stretch with the nipple during pumping.
This comes in a pair.
What we like:
- reduces pain & discomfort
- flexible — creates a customized fit
- soft, stretchy, and BPA-free
- one size adjusts to all flange size fitting for a desired flange fit 19-25 mm.
- ideal for mother's who are in-between flange sizes.
- Add comfort to each pumping session
How to use:
- cushion works best for moms looking for a desired flange fit between 19-25mm. Therefore, the breast pump cushions are compatible with flanges sizes 21-27mm.
- Avoid sterilizing your breast pump cushions
- Avoid using any source of high heat for cleaning.
- Wash with warm water and gentle soap.
- Replace every 2-8 weeks, depending on frequency and duration of each pumping session.
- Compatible with most breast pump brands and accessories on the market, including Spectra, Willow, Medela, Elvie, BabyBuddha, Lansinoh, Hygeia, and Evenflo. Maymom flanges are compatible too!
- Pumpin Pals flanges
- 1 pair of cushions
- Made of FDA-compliant, BPA-free, and food-safe stretchy plastic
- Made in the USA
What is a breast shield?
A breast shield or flange is the funnel on a breast pump that attaches to your breast and draws the nipple out, creating suction and allowing your milk to flow out of your breasts and into the storage bottle. Some breast shields, the funnel and the bottle connector are joined seamlessly as a one-piece, known as the flange.
The size of the breast shield is express in terms of millimeters (mm). This usually refer to the measurement of the opening at end of the funnel towards the tunnel.
Finding the Right Fit:
In order to find your optimal breast shield size, you can measure your nipple diameter:
- Using a ruler or measuring tape, measure the diameter of your nipple at the base (across the middle, diameter) in millimetres (mm). Do not include your areola.
- Add 2 to 4 mm to your measurement when selecting your breast shield size.
If you have already started pumping, please measure after a pumping session.
You can also download this ruler, print and cut out the ruler to measure your nipple diameter.
Am I using the correct breast shield size?
If you answer yes to one or more of the following questions, you may be using the incorrect breastshield size.
- Do you feel discomfort when pumping?
- Does your nipple rub against the side of the flange?
- Do you see excess areola pulled into the flange?
- Do you see any redness of whiteness?
- Do you feel unexpressed breast milk after pumping?
A good fitting breast shield should give you a gentle, rhythmic pulling during expressing, and your breast should feel empty and soft once you’re finished. Pumping breast milk should never be a painful experience.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.