Maymom Backflow Protector for Spectra breast pump
Maymom Backflow Protector for Spectra Breast pump is designed to work with the flanges of Spectra S1, Spectra S2, 9 Plus, Q Breast pump.
Maymom's backflow protector can replace both Spectra's new and old versions of backflow protectors. It completely separates the milk from the tubing to protect the tubing from mold growing, and your motor.
- Maymom Pump Kit Backflow Protectors for Spectra Breast pump only
- FDA registered medical devices.
- Can be sanitized with boiling water or water steam.
- Made of Silicone - BPA free, and DEHP free
- Made by Maymom
- 2 qty per box
Each box/kit includes:
2 Large Caps
2 Small Caps
2 Silicone Diaphragms
- Replace both Spectra's new and old versions of backflow protectors
- Designed to work with the flanges of Spectra M1, S1, Spectra S2, and 9 Plus Breastpumps.
- No milk will enter the tubing, and thus it minimizes mold growing and protects your pump motor.
Backflow protector diaphragms need to be replaced every 3 to 6 months
Just like the valve membranes, the diaphragms in the backflow protectors can stretch and degrade over time, impacting suction. Replace these every 6 months if you pump once or twice a day, and replace every 3 months if you exclusively pump. Inspect this part regularly before you pump because a torn or damaged backflow protector diaphragm can allow moisture into the pump motor, causing irreparable damage and the potential for mould and bacteria to fester. This part does not come in contact with your baby’s milk, so does not need to be washed, unless you see condensation in the part. Then, wash it in hot soapy water and let it air dry and ensure it is completely dry before use again. The backflow protector is the heart of a closed system pump and protect your baby’s milk from contaminants and bacteria that could cause harm, so take great care of these. If not changed regularly, they will impact suction strength.