This is a set to upgrade Classic Medela Freestyle Breast Pump to Medela PersonalFit Flex Connector and Medela PersonalFit Flex Breast Shield. Includes everything you need to pump in one set, excluding bottles.
With this Maymom Flex tubing, you can use the new and upgraded Medela PersonalFit Flex connector and PersonalFit Flex Breast Shield with your Classic Medela Freestyle breast pump.
What we like:
- The tubing supports both double and single sided pump.
- Why upgrade? Take advantage of the new, improved parts from Medela with your classic Freestyle pump.
Do you know:
- Medela PersonalFit Flex Shield
- Oval shaped breast shield with soft flexible rim.
- The PersonalFit Flex Breast Shield has a 105° opening angle and can be rotated 360°, which provides comfort and removes 11.8% more milk per minute than traditional 90°breast shields
- Medela PersonalFit Flex Connector
- Closed system to protect your breast pump from milk back up.
- Improved design to pump in a more reclined and comfortable positioning.
- This set is for Classic Medela Freestyle Breast Pump only.
What's included in each pack:
- 1 set x Maymom tubing set for PersonalFit Flex Connector
- 1 pair x Medela PersonalFit Flex Connector
- 1 pair x Medela PersonalFit Flex Breast Shields (size of your choice)
What's NOT included:
Specification for Tubing:
- PVC, PP
- Heat Resistant -10~75 degrees Celsius
- BPA free, DEHP free
- Do not UV sterilize
Disclaimer: This set is only parts upgrade to the Freestyle breast pump. It does not make the pump to be the same as Freestyle Flex Breast Pump which has option of Bluetooth connectivity and so on.
What is a breast shield?
A breast shield or flange is the funnel on a breast pump that attaches to your breast and draws the nipple out, creating suction and allowing your milk to flow out of your breasts and into the storage bottle. Some breast shields, the funnel and the bottle connector are joined seamlessly as a one-piece, known as the flange.
The size of the breast shield is express in terms of millimeters (mm). This usually refer to the measurement of the opening at end of the funnel towards the tunnel.
Finding the Right Fit:
In order to find your optimal breast shield size, you can measure your nipple diameter:
- Using a ruler or measuring tape, measure the diameter of your nipple at the base (across the middle, diameter) in millimetres (mm). Do not include your areola.
- Add 2 to 4 mm to your measurement when selecting your breast shield size.
If you have already started pumping, please measure after a pumping session.
You can also download this ruler, print and cut out the ruler to measure your nipple diameter.
Am I using the correct breast shield size?
If you answer yes to one or more of the following questions, you may be using the incorrect breastshield size.
- Do you feel discomfort when pumping?
- Does your nipple rub against the side of the flange?
- Do you see excess areola pulled into the flange?
- Do you see any redness of whiteness?
- Do you feel unexpressed breast milk after pumping?
A good fitting breast shield should give you a gentle, rhythmic pulling during expressing, and your breast should feel empty and soft once you’re finished. Pumping breast milk should never be a painful experience.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.