This bottle adapter is for Medela Connectors to work with wide mouth bottles from Pigeon Man, Lansinoh, Parent choices.
What we like:
- Enables Medela PersonalFit Flex connectors to pump milk directly into popular wide mouth bottles
- Bottles: Wide mouth bottles from Pigeon Man, Lansinoh, Parent choices
- Medela PersonalFit Flex connectors
- Medela Sonata connectors
- Medela Freestyle Spare Part Kit
- Medela PersonalFit connectors
- Medela one-piece flange
- Maymom standard neck flange
- Maymom MyFit standard neck connectors
What's included in each pack:
- 2 x adapter
- BPA free, dishwasher safe, retail pack, sealed by manufacturer.
What is a breast shield?
A breast shield or flange is the funnel on a breast pump that attaches to your breast and draws the nipple out, creating suction and allowing your milk to flow out of your breasts and into the storage bottle. Some breast shields, the funnel and the bottle connector are joined seamlessly as a one-piece, known as the flange.
The size of the breast shield is express in terms of millimeters (mm). This usually refer to the measurement of the opening at end of the funnel towards the tunnel.
Finding the Right Fit:
In order to find your optimal breast shield size, you can measure your nipple diameter:
- Using a ruler or measuring tape, measure the diameter of your nipple at the base (across the middle, diameter) in millimetres (mm). Do not include your areola.
- Add 2 to 4 mm to your measurement when selecting your breast shield size.
If you have already started pumping, please measure after a pumping session.
You can also download this ruler, print and cut out the ruler to measure your nipple diameter.
Am I using the correct breast shield size?
If you answer yes to one or more of the following questions, you may be using the incorrect breastshield size.
- Do you feel discomfort when pumping?
- Does your nipple rub against the side of the flange?
- Do you see excess areola pulled into the flange?
- Do you see any redness of whiteness?
- Do you feel unexpressed breast milk after pumping?
A good fitting breast shield should give you a gentle, rhythmic pulling during expressing, and your breast should feel empty and soft once you’re finished. Pumping breast milk should never be a painful experience.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.